Missing You

Sometimes I wonder if my sons get tired of being with me all day. They seem to always want to be under me. Hmmm…Yesterday, the family went to the store and we split up - one of the boys went with their Father and the other went with me. I wanted to say, “Go with your Father, aren’t you tired of me?” I didn’t say a word because obviously he was where he wanted to be. I thought maybe he was just looking out for my feelings and didn’t want me to be alone. I would not have minded being alone at all! I should be thankful for their desire to want to be near me because I know one day another woman will capture their attention and they will be gone. I will be expecting phone calls and waiting for visits while trying to recapture the ‘good ole days’ when I had my sons all to myself. Yes, these moments I sometimes smother with my selfishness, are precious and just the thought of my babies leaving me makes me miss them already. Who said you don’t miss your water til your well runs dry?