Wait Till They Become A Teenager!

It’s so encouraging to hear positive stories from mothers of teenagers. When I speak of my sons to other mothers, I often hear, “Wait until they become a teenager!” Well, I don’t want to wait and why won’t you tell me what I’m waiting for so I can prepare for it?” Does every teenager take their parents through hell? I choose to think not. I had two teenage girls from my church spend the night with me recently and they were such a joy. They are girls any mother would be proud of and I tell their mothers this frequently. We snacked, giggled, talked, watched TV, laughed at each other (they laughed at me mostly...I guess I say ‘old lady’ stuff), and I fell asleep on them. Why they would want to spend time with a forty something married woman with children, I don’t know, yet I was happy to be in their presence. I’m sure they give their parent’s a little beef every now and then; they are still young humans with hormones, yet these girls give me hope for the teenage years. I know God has some things stored for my boys and there is no guarantee what choices they’ll make in life, yet all I can do is my part and raise them right – with morals, values, character, and a love for the Lord. I want them to do the right thing because they want to, not because they have to. My two sleepover guests showed the same manners, love, and respect they show on Sunday and it was sincere. They are who they are...good girls. I can sit and “wait till they become teenagers” and wait for the bomb to explode, or I can pour into my sons now and prepare them AND ME for those challenging teenage years. I'm pouring!!!