Endless Energy

Do children ever get enough of frolic and fun? Am I getting old or what? Maybe it’s just the summer heat affecting their brain, to make them think they must soak up every ounce of daylight and sun they possibly can. They won’t slow down unless I make them. Swimming, running, playing baseball, tag, hide and seek, video games, swimming, skating, running, swimming, running, swimming, and on and on and on all day long. My goodness, if I could bottle up some of that energy for my low days! It doesn’t stop when it’s bath time either! They want to race to see how long it takes them to take a shower and put their pajamas on and then they talk and laugh until one of them falls asleep. My goodness! It really is a blessing they are healthy and full of endless energy. There are children in hospitals never to see the outside again, so I have only countless blessings to thank God for. Their endless energy is just a reminder of how precious life is and the joy we should have everyday regardless of our situation or what we’re going through. The ability to grasp each moment and thank God for the ability to inhale and exhale should be enough to make us want to run and shout!