Marriage Mishaps

This seems to be the week for marriage mishaps. It’s comical to me that I’ve gone through many struggles in my marriage and God continues to show me they weren’t about me. Every situation I’ve gone through, going through now, and will go through is to help another marriage! Yes, I gain a little more character, peace, and understanding of God, yet there is a much bigger picture than my own issue. This week especially, I’ve spoken with several women having a difficult time in their marriage. I’m not a marriage counselor, yet I know one! Marriage can turn in an instant. The slightest wrong move, action, or word can turn a romantic mood or moment of bliss into a confused state of matrimony. What happened?! How do you turn it back? You don’t. You allow the love of God to smother you and take control. Trust me, having the last word only makes things worse. I know; I am the trophy holder of MOUTH. I know I’m right, you’re going to listen, and I won’t stop talking until you understand and accept what I’m saying. That was the old me; things had to change if my marriage was going to thrive. Sometimes we can be so angry, our thoughts are not coherent. Be quiet, pray, and wait. Try not to marinate the negative, yet process the positive in your mind. Try to think of the good qualities in your spouse and focus on their strong traits. Your peace of mind will slowly return and you aren’t feeding your body stressed energy, which eventually turns into illness or disease. It’s not worth our energy or time. Time is powerful and silence is priceless. God’s love is amazing if we just allow Him to work through our pride and selfishness. Yes, it’s a sacrifice and it takes a lot of practice, yet the rewards are mind-blowing. You may think this won’t work in your particular situation, yet my marriage counselor does not show favoritism and HIS love conquers all. Your situation is nothing He hasn’t seen and solved before.