Family Baptism

I’ve never watched the show – let’s get that straight first, however, I’m very aware of the little character on the show Family Guy. I have no idea what his name is, yet he has a football shaped head and just doesn’t rub me the right way. The commercials are enough to convince me he is not a character I’d invite in my home and he appears to be related to the Simpson Family. Well, so much for my thoughts about Family Guy – what is his name anyway? One day, my youngest son brought home this Family Guy character! He won him when he was out with his Father in one of those machines where you try to win stuffed animals by pulling them up with a metal claw - shaped gadget. When he brought him home, I told him what kind of fellow he was and that I didn’t want him in the house because he wasn’t a good boy. “Mama, we can turn him into a good boy can’t we?” I had no idea what he was talking about, yet the next morning he baptized Family Guy in the bathroom sink and said, “Mama, Family Guy is a good boy now.” I couldn’t say a word because I was surprised he even thought to do such an act. Although we don’t believe water baptism saves or changes you, my son’s thoughts were loving and accepting unlike his mother who wanted to throw the little guy in the trash!! Needless to say, Family Guy is now a part of our family along with many other stuffed animals and characters.