Another Mom's Thoughts

I receive emails from moms from all walks of life and the emails help me remember how much we are alike in so many ways. With her permission, here is one email from a working mom I thought we all could relate to.
- - - Just trying to get started this morning and prepare myself for whatever the day will bring. Found it a little difficult to focus though. I want to run out and get breakfast, I want to go to Oprah’s site and look at her Legends Luncheon guests again. I want to look at paint chips and decide what new colors I want to paint my house. I want to think about how that woman offended me at church last night...yep, I want to do everything except pray and meditate on Jesus. I found a way to get focused, I just sat a minute and thought...I mean really, really, really thought about how it was God who 'chose' to wake me up this morning, It was He who 'chose' to allow my family to be in their beds and not in the hospital bed. It was God who 'chose' to let me have a job. It was God who chose to give me life, a purpose, and a passion. It was God who created the women at Oprah’s luncheon. And it will be God who chooses and allows me to do anything in this world to bring change. We sing this stuff in church music all the time and we get before the church and mention God’s power all the time. But it’s a different thing to really know it and realize it every minute of the day. It’s so easy to wake up refreshed and ready to serve the Lord. Will my awakening be asleep by 10:00 AM when I realize how much is wrong in my life? Yeah right, MY life...I better recognize it was God who gave me 'my' life. Lastly, I was blessed so by the Oprah show yesterday, I forgot what her guest’s name was but he was describing his girlfriend (Penelope Cruz). He said she had a way of looking at things or places she has already experienced but looking at them as if to see them for the very first time...with wonder, an open heart, and no pre set expectations. I would like to look at life that way, including my job, people, and even my church family. Okay I am done blabbing.