Stealing Time

Working from home is a challenge for me as it is for many Mothers with home businesses. I literally have to steal time from my family to get anything done. This morning I awoke at 2 a.m., so I decided to sneak on the computer and get some work done. The computer is a magnet and as soon as I sit in front of it, the phone rings, the boys desperately need me, and my husband wants to talk. Toooo funny! Well, I took advantage of this early morning rising and truly enjoyed the quietness and lack of disturbances for about an hour. I didn't know how to act! I was amazed at my accomplishments and felt good about my progress. Low and behold, I hear what use to be pitter patter, but now sounds like thump thump of heavy feet hitting the hallway floor. It's my nine-year-old walking towards me, smiling, and waving hello. WHAT? Am I dreaming? This CAN'T be happening. After I swallowed to calm down, I kindly spoke back to my sleepy son. I just waited to see what my young one was going to do. No he didn't! Yes he did! He sat on the sofa and looked at me! "Boy, if you don't take your tail back to bed! It's 3 o'clock in the morning!" Needless to say, he smiled and went back to bed and I exhaled. Whew! I immediately got back to work with confirmation - In order to successfully work from home, I must steal time from my family. Maybe next time I'll use a ski mask and black suit as a disguise.