Living Waters


Each Monday morning, the Lord strengthens my faith in Him as I sit at my computer wondering what words He’ll give me to share. I never know what the Monday Meditation will be until I begin typing. It isn’t something I plan weeks or days in advance, it’s an on the spot revelation for me as it is for you. It’s mind-blowing for me to experience the “living waters” of God flow through me. This morning the Lord took this living water depiction into my position as a Mother. Some mornings I look around my home and wonder how in the world I’ll do what needs to be done or even if I’ll do what needs to be done. I recall working outside the home and wondering the same thing. It doesn’t matter where you are or what you do, there is work to be done and it’s usually more than we care to recognize. It’s true, a woman’s work is never done and everyday is a labor day, yet instead of focusing on never-ending tasks, we can focus on the never-ending living waters flowing through us. There are days we can’t seem to get going, yet when we acknowledge and allow the living waters to flow freely, our strength, energy, and power are renewed. We are refreshed and others around us are refreshed by watching the power of a living God at work. This sounds good and today I will be put to the test of my words. After enjoying a fun-filled weekend of frolic with friends, today won't be a relaxing day as I intended, yet a Labor Day full of...labor. So, today and everyday packed with labor, let's remember to surrender to God and allow His living waters to flow freely!

There is more encouragement for our Single Mothers! Visit Sherri Speaks and read her candid article titled, "Frankly, I Felt Like Giving Up!"

John 7:38 (NIV)

“Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."