We Are One

This Labor Day weekend, my family spent time with a family we met four years ago. They moved away, so it was great reconnecting with them. At the time we met, I was in the military and my husband stayed home with the children while the other Mother stayed home with her children and her husband worked – he was in the military also.

Over the weekend, we found out our roles completely made a 180 degree turn. I’m now at home with my children and my husband works and she works outside the home and her husband recently retired. Realizing this was a comfort to me because I often felt she thought I was being unsociable because when I came home from work, I didn’t feel like socializing after being around people all day. Actually, I didn’t have time to socialize because my real job didn’t begin until I got home. On the other hand, she was at home all day and was ready for a break by the time her husband came home from work – she needed to get some time away from the house. We shared the common role of Motherhood, yet we were different. I’m so grateful we are still in each other’s lives and still accept one another for who we are. We better understand how the other feels. Too often, Mothers judge each other on what we see and not what we know. Until you’ve walked in another’s shoes, there is no room to judge or voice an opinion. Acceptance of each other as Mothers can’t be spoken of enough. We are one and have the power to change the world if we come together, yet until we learn to love and accept one another, we will never be as strong as God intended us to be.