Stepped On

Step Parenting can be an extremely challenging role and quite tasking on a marriage. Not all blended families blend well or even have backgrounds and personalities that are compatible with each other. Some step-mothers really go through the fire and I've been there myself. Years ago, when my husband received custody of his sons, we went through the fire. Well, I know I went through. It wasn't until years later that I realized why I went through such troubling times. It was to be a witness to other step-mothers going through. While speaking to one this morning, I was reminded of that step-testimony I rarely share. I would not have been able to share with her, if I had not been there myself. I had a difficult time and felt stepped on and unappreciated many times, but I just kept walking through the fire from day to day. Yes, my marriage was tested and so was my faith, which wasn't as mature as it is now. I wanted to walk out, but I thank God for his grace on our family and our marriage.
If you're a step-mother reading this, please know you are stronger than you could ever imagine. God would not put this on you if you couldn't handle it. This trying time is not about you, but God is strengthening you, grooming, and pruning you for His glory. He needs you to keep walking through the fire, so you can share with another step-mother when the opportunity presents itself. Keep praying and stay focused on the Peace Maker - He is your strength!
If I came through the fire alive; so can you! I didn't know Jesus like I know Him now! Stay strong, stay prayerful, and stay connected to your power source. It's already alright!