Is School Out?


I'm sorry. I know school is out, but first and second born will have to pick up a book everyday this summer. No reading? No math? No brain stimulation for the whole summer? No way! They will have an enjoyable and relaxing summer, but I refuse to work twice as hard to pull them back in to the learning mode when school starts again. They need a break and so do I, and I'll ensure we get one (especially me), but the books will not be neglected. First born will be volunteering at the library a few days a week just to ensure he doesn't forget what a book is (smile). I guess I have to blame my father for this high emphasis on books. Do I regret it? No, I'm grateful. Is reading for an hour a day a bad thing? Will doing a few fractions a day kill them? I don't think so; they'll be okay. Today is school evaluation for promotion for both of them and we'll take the rest of the week off to exhale from a year of hard work....oh yea, they'll still have to read an hour a day this week. Hey, it's in my blood!