Meet My Father

While sitting in church listening to the encouraging Father’s Day message, my mind kept drifting to thoughts of my own father who isn’t religious at all. He doesn’t believe in our risen Savior, yet he made sure my two sisters and I attended church with my Mother every Sunday – sleeping in was not an option. It seems ironic, but my spiritual walk is challenged because of Daddy’s lack of belief. Being religious means nothing to me, yet living a life reflecting Christ means everything. I can’t afford to have a mediocre walk, yet I must be set apart and peculiar in my boldness for Christ. Instead of being self-absorbed in my own spiritual world, I am obligated to be that living sacrifice that will draw others to the Father. My marriage and my mothering must also be used to draw others. I am called to be an example.
Sunday’s message was a reminder to me of the countless fathers and mothers who haven’t met the Father. It was also a reminder of the importance of my changed behavior; my life must show God is real. Help me, Jesus! I love and thank God for my non-believing father. God continues to use Daddy to increase my desire to live a life of holiness – for the sake of all unbelievers. I will continue to pray for him and will always be mindful of living a life that will introduce others to the Heavenly Father. Have you met my Father?

2 Chronicles 7:14 (NKJV)
…if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.