Monday Meditation - What I Know About The Unknown

My mother gave me a 2010 calendar perfect for a family with an active schedule.
It has stickers labeled for birthdays, meetings, haircuts, practices, games, appointments, and anything else you can think of. I began to fill the month of January with the cute stickers and an assurance of knowing in advance some of the things we have planned.

My false assurance in our plans led to questions about the unknown. What does God have in store for me in 2010? What if God gave me stickers labeled surgery, car repossession, death, or hubby’s termination from work? Well, the truth of the matter is, not only do I not want to prepare for those days, I don’t want to know about them! Taking one day at a time sounds great to me!

I did okay in 2009 as my family experienced a few joyful and painful events. We’ve had some financial challenges, some health concerns, and even an unfortunate run in with the law. Those days weren’t on the calendar, but we’re still here and going strong!

The comfort in the unknown is knowing there is one thing that will never change – God. He will be right there as promised – available to help, guide, comfort, and counsel. A new year can be a little intimidating and so can a new day, but knowing God’s word is solid as a rock offers faith and confidence. God said I could cast my cares on Him. He said He’d never leave me. He said ALL things work together for those who love Him.

A mother never has to manage the scope of the family alone. We work directly for the son of God and He works directly through us - our hands are His tools as He directs us throughout our planned and unplanned days. How about you? Will you depend on God to carry you through 2010?
Have a magnificent Monday in Motherhood as we walk confidently into the unknown year!

Isaiah 40:8 (NKJV)
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever.”

Bookmark and Share