Loving My New Shoes!

I'm feeling a freedom to be ME that I've never felt before and it's exhilarating!

Wife, mother, teacher, daughter, sister, friend, neighbor, businesswoman, author, baker, momsweb, plus a few other hats I wear all have expectations that I will never meet and it feels good to not care about anything except just being me - the unique woman I was created to be.

Something happens in the mid forties and it keeps getting better and better. I love it! Not only is my physical body changing, but LaVender is changing - every part of me. I'm evolving into the older, wiser, bolder, more beautiful, extraordinary LaVender. Yep, I'm stepping into my new shoes with no apologies for who I am. Sound a little vain? Oh well! I'm calling it confident. LOL

I heard this song yesterday and as I listened to the words, I put my arms in the air, closed my eyes and swayed to the beat of the music. The words fit me perfectly - just like my new shoes.

We were all created to be extraordinary in our simple ordinary, yet the many hats we wear hve a tendency to hide the woman in us.

For those of you close to or new to your forties - embrace the new you and wear your new shoes with class and confidence!




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aljRNb9xPVg

Bookmark and Share