Increased Intimacy

I have to laugh at life sometimes to keep from crying and I've been doing a lot of laughing lately! LOLOL

Since the beginning of this new year, it's been one thing after another. I haven't blogged since the previous post and my words within that post have definitely been tested - day after day. More than a few of those "unplanned" days have happened along with the mess carried over from 2009 - bills, bills, and more bills.

One thing has improved and that is my intimacy with a very special friend. This friend has always been a part of my life, but lately it's been like an addiction! I've never had an affair before, but I've been waking earlier than usual to have longer conversations with him. I just can't seem to get enough of him. The anticipation to hear his voice excites me! Just thinking about him puts a smile on my face and melts my heart.

Unlike hubby, this friend makes me feel like I am the most important person in the world. The way he listens to me makes me feel like I'm his only concern - top priority. He is never rushed or consumed with other things when I talk. I always have his undivided attention, which makes me feel like a special woman. The way he holds and comforts me can't be explained.

Having this intimacy with someone other than hubby has actually increased intimacy in my marriage. Hubby notices something is different, but he doesn't need to know everything. Do I feel guilty? Not at all and I would encourage you to develop this type of intimacy with a friend also. Well, not just any friend - my friend. His name is Jesus. I can't imagine living my life as a woman, wife, or mother without Him.

If you don't know Him, I'll be happy to introduce Him to you, but just remember...once you become intimate with Him, you'll keep coming back for more!