Momsweb Monday Meditation - Raggedy Rituals


I recently read that mid January is the time most people walk away or forget about the resolutions they made. I also read the daily rituals we have in our life is indication of whether our lifestyle is stuck in the sea of complacency or moving forward. Naturally, I thought of my own rituals and asked myself a few questions.

- What do I do when I awake each morning?
- What do I do before I go to bed each night?
- Is there anything I do or say on a daily basis with the boys?
- Is there anything special Hubby can look forward to each day?
- What am I doing for my business on a routine basis?
- What do I do throughout each day that may improve my life or the life of someone else?

These rituals, habits, routines or whatever I choose to call them play a bigger role in my life than I gave them credit for. Daily habits control the direction of my entire life.

The direction of my family, marriage, business, and even my physical, spiritual, and financial life can change or remain the same if I just take note of a few raggedy rituals and make some changes.

Although I didn’t make any resolutions, I always strive to be a little better today than I was yesterday. I won’t ever be perfect, but why not change those things that I have the ability to change? Why not go a little higher this year? Why not?

Most important of all rituals to me are the spiritual ones – my daily focus on God and being Christ controlled in all my ways is my priority. I believe if my vertical relationship is in order, everything else in my life will fall into place.
How about you? Are you making any changes? Are there any raggedy rituals in your life?

Luke 9:23 (NLT)
Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me.