Dust Bunnies

While moving furniture last night, I noticed a few dust bunnies hidden in corners that I would have never seen. Little did I know these sneaky dust bunnies were waiting to deliver a Life Lesson for LaVender. It wasn’t enough that I had to dust and vacuum, but I had to endure some painful pruning. The house appeared clean from the surface, but it would take more than surface cleaning to pass any inspection. A few things had to be moved in order for those dust bunnies to be visible and the same is with my life. My spiritual walk may appear all right, but God is aware of all my hidden sins and private thoughts. He knows my heart and knows exactly what things in my life need moving in order to pass His inspection of righteous living. I choose not to remain stagnant in my spiritual walk, so in order to grow, some things must be moved – it’s time for some changing and rearranging. My heart is in need of deep cleaning – surface cleaning just won’t do anymore. Me? A dirty heart? Well, if we’re honest with ourselves, we all have a few hidden dust bunnies. We may appear to be an always loving Mother, supportive wife, and steadfast Christian, but we know behind closed doors, we allow the enemy to have his way with us. With another year rolling around, I sure don’t want to take old dust bunnies with me. I want to start with a fresh anointing and a stronger desire to follow Christ. I know the devil will be busy and I can never reach perfection, but God knows my heart and will assist me with His almighty power. What better way to show my thankfulness than to clean those hidden dust bunnies!

James 2:10 (NIV) For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.