Christmas Spirit

For some reason, I just can't seem to get into the Christmas spirit. I've decorated, taken the boys shopping for gifts, and our dessert business has me extremely busy, but there is no extra excitement in my holiday this year. No, I'm not being a Grinch, but I'm just going through the holiday motion. I thought maybe it was because the boys are getting older or maybe because my husband had a death in his family, or maybe my busyness is getting in the way of enjoying the season. I was hoping to receive a special Christmas meditation to share this morning, but I didn't, so I prayed and asked God to reveal just what my problem is. The Holy Spirit revealed it's not about sharing a flowery Christmas meditation, but it's about sharing Christ daily. It's not about the gifts I give or receive, it's about God's free gift available throughout the year. It's not about the Christmas lights I turn on and off, but it's about letting my light shine all day and all night. It's not about the Christmas music, it's about having a continuous song in my heart. It's not about a real or artificial Christmas tree, it's about being a strong branch bearing fruit. It's not about my children participating in the Christmas play; it's about me teaching them to act like Christ every day. It's not about being with family, it's about representing God's family. Christmas is not about a season, it's about my steadfast relationship with King Jesus regardless of the season. Needless to say, I'm okay with not feeling the "Christmas spirit" because it's not about feeling the spirit of a holiday, but about living in the Spirit of Christ everyday. God requires more than a holiday feeling from me. The "Christmas spirit" comes and goes, but the Holy Spirit within me is everlasting and gives me unspeakable joy! Merry Christmas!

Isaiah 9:6 (NKJV)

For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.