Another Chance

The year 2008 is almost over – already! Did I accomplish everything I wanted to? Did I achieve the goals I never wrote down? Is my baking business aligned with the business plan I never put on paper? Did I finish the book I’ve been writing for three years? Good grief! Let me review my health walk. Did I make lifestyle changes? Am I drinking more water and exercising daily? Am I consuming more fruit and vegetables? Okay, two out of three isn’t bad. Let me address another area of my life – my spiritual walk. Am I praying for and with my husband and children more? Am I showing myself friendly? Am I judging less and loving more? Am I striving to live in obedience? Hmm... I’ll keep these answers to myself. A work in progress - yep, that’s me! I set high goals and standards, but remembering to surrender self daily and follow God sure makes life easier and less stressful. I thank God for His mercy and giving me another chance to get it right. How can I not serve a God that overlooks my faults and shortcomings day after day and year after year? How can I not love and forgive the way He loves and forgives me? How can I not accept others the way God accepts me in spite of my continuous mess? How can I not follow Him when He continues to show me His way is the only way? I’m blessed with another day, another year, another opportunity to try to get it right. Have mercy on me, Jesus as I try to do better and live better. Thank God for His mercy and thank God for another chance!
Happy New Year to my fellow mothers and may God’s love, peace, and mercy cover you today, tomorrow, and in the upcoming year.

Jude 1:2 (NIV)
Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance.