I Have a Choice

There is never a dull moment living for Jesus. Even with rising food and gas prices, the seemingly never-ending war going on, our current political arena, and whatever is thrown in my personal life, it’s exciting to watch God work in and around me. This morning, however, I had a ‘here we go again’ attitude. There was no excitement about starting this new day. Another Monday, another work week, more battles to pick, more people and stuff to deal with. I had a wonderful weekend, so where in the world did this foul attitude come from? Thank God for the Holy Spirit because I was ushered into the presence of God and reminded of the enemy’s job to kill, steal, and destroy everything – including my mind. I immediately changed my trashy thoughts by spending time in prayer and meditating on the goodness of God. To think of my salvation alone brings me joy! To look around my home and recognize I have more than just shelter is a blessing! To wake up and have the ability to think coherently and have the activity of my limbs is a blessing! My family is alive and well! I’m a child of God! I have God’s favor! My goodness, how in the world can I wake up in a bad mood with bad thoughts? Well, it’s possible, but it’s also possible to hold these thoughts captive. It’s also possible to have unspeakable joy. I have a choice today. Will I allow the enemy to set up camp in my mind or will I choose to allow the Spirit of God to consume me with his love, joy, and peace. I choose Jesus!

Joshua 24:15 (NIV)
But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve…