A Garden of Love

After a few years of wanting my own garden, the boys and I finally planted one last Friday. I had no idea how much hard work was involved in digging up the ground and preparing the soil. To tell you the truth, I had no idea what I was doing, but we saw the project to the end. It’s a small garden and is hardly professional looking, but we are so proud of it. We started the process by planting various seeds in flower pots and once they began sprouting, we carefully transferred them into the ground. Our germination study turned into a budding creation and it’s a great feeling of accomplishment. The garden is visible from my bedroom window, so I’m constantly checking on it and admiring it. This morning, I found myself thinking of ways to protect the garden from squirrels and insects. I love my new garden and I want it to thrive! I wonder if God feels this way about His creations. I wonder if He looks upon me with admiration. I know He wants me to flourish and prosper. God’s love far exceeds the love I have for my new garden. His love is inconceivable – mind blowing. He admires and loves His children so much that He gave His only son to die for us. He constantly showers us with blessings and covers us in His grace. His love is unconditional and there is no greater love. He not only loves us, He is committed to nurturing and protecting us. He continually watches over us. He loves us regardless of what we look like. He loves us just because He created us! The love and devotion I have for my garden allowed me to appreciate God’s love in a different way. Although I will never be able to fully comprehend His love, Jesus loves me this I know.

Ephesians 3:19 (NKJV)
...that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.