Three Figures

My husband shared with me that he told his co-worker I'd be making three figures if I wasn't married with children. I've had so many business endeavors and so many creative ideas that require time and energy. Over the years and with each endeavor, I've had to weigh what was important. Although my husband has supported me through it all (the best he could), it always causes friction when the home is neglected. Whether it's with the husband, children, or a woman's own conscience, something just isn't right unless the family is put first. A dollar is not worth putting my family on the back-burner. Yes, the immediate gratification is wonderful, yet the long term effect making a dollar has on the family is dangerous. My cake business is going great, yet I'm not trying to take on more than I can handle and my goal sure isn't making three figures! Where I am right now is just fine. Maybe in a year I'll be able to hire help, so I can continue focusing on my main business and priority - my family.