A Cracked Plate

Shhh, please don't tell anyone, but the one thing I've tried hardest to avoid has happened....I'm extremely busy. If I place one more thing on my plate, I know it'll crack. I attended a Women’s Conference this weekend and a few ladies put on a skit sharing the importance of running the race for Jesus. Can you imagine running a race and feeling exhausted only to find out you ran the race in vain? Have mercy! I don’t have the energy and I sure don’t have the time to do anything just for the sake of doing it. On the last morning of the conference and my last opportunity to sleep in, I was led to wake up at 5 a.m. to find the gym and do some temple maintenance. Afterwards, I found a quiet place to commune with God and renew my mind. One good thing about my busyness is I’ve realized my mind is my greatest gift and it should be given back to God entirely. Trying to plan and complete tasks on my own only makes me an absent-minded, impulsive thinking, distracted wife and Mother running a worldly race – yuck! In order to keep my plate and my mind from cracking, I must keep my mind on God – not my to-do list or my circumstances. This spiritual focus makes a huge difference in my busy days and the race isn’t so exhausting when I keep my mind on Him. When things don’t go as planned or unexpected trials try to shake me, my mind is already in the right place. Wife, Mother, daughter, sister, teacher, and Peace Baker are just a few of the duties on my plate and I thank God for this unusual season of busyness. Busyness isn’t such a bad thing when we keep our mind on Him.

Isaiah 26:3 (NKJV)

"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You."