Spoiled Rotten

My father reminds me often of the importance of rewarding my sons for good behavior and performance. He says sometimes children need an incentive to do the right thing. It’s funny how parents change when they become grandparents. As a child, I was expected to do the right thing and my reward was the absence of a butt-whipping. Nevertheless, I found Daddy’s counsel to be correct as I examined my personal relationship with my Heavenly Father. My increasing desire and determination to live a life of obedience has offered God’s favor and blessings above and beyond what I ever imagined. I am spoiled rotten and I stand in awe as I watch God work in and through my life. I’ve taken my father’s advice and my boys have a growing desire to perform in excellence – sometimes. I too, am drawn closer to God with a greater yearning to be set apart and walk the straight and narrow.

My obedience was tested this morning as I struggled with the decision to exercise. Hmmm…dare I pick and choose when and how to be obedient? God wants complete obedience - in every area of my life, even exercising my temple. When I thought of His goodness; I didn’t hesitate to complete my daily temple maintenance. God’s favor on my life deserves more than I can ever give back, so I give God my life – a life of obedience. My blessings are distributed according to my level of obedience.

Joshua 1:7 (NIV)

Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.