"I Do"

My husband and I would be divorced if Grace and Mercy had not walked by our side for the past 13 years. We recently facilitated a class on Biblical Marriage and I’ve been challenged to realign my role (as a wife) with God’s Word - not just scripture I’m comfortable with, yet all scripture regarding marriage. I had a tendency to pick and choose when I wanted to be a Godly wife. I tip toed over scripture when it wasn’t convenient for me. Pride, pity, and a pompous attitude got in the way of loving my husband with the love of God. While I wondered why my marriage wasn’t alive, God wondered why I was dead to obedience in the areas of sex, submission, my tongue, and every other area I tried to control. I realized I was working harder towards aspirations outside my marriage and overlooking my first ministry - my home…my marriage. I thank God for using my marriage to bless others in spite of our trivial matrimony matters; all we've gone through and will go through are to strengthen another couple. I thank God for another chance to enjoy marriage - God's way. For those of you contemplating marriage, I strongly encourage you to seek counsel and fully understand what God says about marriage and the role of the wife. For those of you in a fading marriage or if you’re considering leaving, try God’s way - to say it won't work in your marriage is saying God is a liar. Don't worry about your husband - align yourself with God's Word and God will handle your groom. I’m a witness! Following God’s blueprint for marriage will restore your marriage beyond what you can imagine; yet you must be willing to be obedient. Saying "I do" is also saying "I do" to God’s Word.

James 1:22
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.