A Fresh Anointing

When I tried to open my mailbox with the car alarm on my key chain, I knew it was time to get away!! I needed a break, so I spent the weekend in New Orleans with my older sister. Although the trip was business for her, it was pure pleasure for me. As we drove away from the city, I began to feel incomplete without my two little shadows. I had no small voices in my ear with questions and requests - I was alone. It didn’t take long to get over this strange feeling and the further I traveled, the less I thought about them. I was alone!

The entire weekend was relaxing and stress free. There were no needs to be fulfilled, no tasks to complete, and no appointments to make. My mind was de-cluttered of stuff - household stuff, church stuff, children stuff, husband stuff, sports stuff, and life stuff in general. The Spirit of God was allowed to flow freely through me as I received a fresh anointing to be the Godly woman, wife, and mother I was created to be. I realize I need to get away more often and not wait until I’m running ragged or about to snap. Even Jesus got away from the crowds to renew his mind! Every mother may not be afforded the opportunity to get away on a trip and single mothers definitely don’t have the freedom to get up and go, yet a walk to clear your mind, or a visit to the park can also be refreshing. New scenery other than the home environs works wonders! I thank God for the time away from my family, and I looked forward to returning home - there is no place like home! I missed my family and convinced myself that it isn’t selfish of me to take time for myself, yet it is more selfish to not take time for myself - this makes me a better wife, a better mother, and a better me - and the entire family benefits!

Luke 5:16 (NKJV)
So He Himself often withdrew into the wilderness and prayed.