Singing in the Shower

Last night I stepped into the shower, closed the curtain, exhaled, and relaxed in the comforting peace of God as the hot water rolled down my back. The song, The Blood Will Never Lose It’s Power, came to mind and I became overjoyed as I sang of the blood giving me strength from day to day. I sang that part over and over while thinking of the many tasks I tackle from day to day and how Jesus forgives me from day to day. It is crucial for me to remember where my strength comes from. If not, I find myself feeling proud of basic accomplishments - in and outside my home. It is only the blood shed on Calvary that gives me the strength to do all that I do. It’s the blood that gives me strength to be a loving helpmate to my husband. It’s the blood that allows me to homeschool two sons. It’s the blood that gives me the energy to be my sons’ Mother outside of being their teacher. It’s the blood that gives me strength to hold my tongue. It’s the blood that gives me endurance to stand my many tests and trials. It’s the blood that gives me peace in chaos. It’s the blood that allows me to willingly forgive. It’s the blood that gives me the desire to be set apart and peculiar for Christ. It’s the blood that makes me comfortable in my skin. It’s the blood that sooths my doubts and calms my fears. It’s the blood that wipes away my tears. It’s the blood that renews my strength when I’m tired. It’s the blood that allows me to be who I am and do what I do and it will never lose its power. Thank God for my spiritual shower and the song to remind me of God's love, power, and forgiveness. Thank God for the blood

1 John 1:7 (NIV)But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.