I'm Free!

Isn’t it amazing how children are punished, sulk for a moment, and bounce right back as if nothing has happened? Unfortunately, we don’t always exemplify this child-like demeanor in our lives and we sometimes demand respect and fair treatment when wronged or taken advantage of. Thank God for children being an example of Christ-like behavior!

It’s easy to be a scorned woman giving free reign to bitter feelings of past and present hurts. Bitterness sets anchor in our hearts and an unnecessary weight is added to our lives - no wonder we feel burdened! There are many bitter, yet saved women living for the Lord and I was one of them for many years. I harbored unhealthy feelings in my heart and carried them into a marriage and in the lives of my innocent children. I thank God for the Holy Spirit allowing me to realize I was loving my family and friends with half of my heart. I wasn't allowing God's love to flow freely through me with others I crossed paths with. Being saved doesn’t allow time to dwell on resentful emotions. Being saved doesn’t allow my bitterness to be buried - the bitterness is washed away! Being saved doesn’t allow me to nurture angry thoughts, which turn into strongholds. Being saved has set me free! If we could bottle up the time we’ve already spent with unclean thoughts of people and situations we can't seem to shake, the accumulated time would probably startle us. I choose to direct my thoughts to the joy of my salvation, my blessings, victory, deliverance, and Jesus! I’m free! Yes, those simple thoughts try to creep up in my mind and set up camp, yet they must be held captive by God’s Word, which is our weapon. I choose to be FREE!

John 8:36 (NKJV)
Therefore, if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed!