A Dramatization

At 2 a.m. Saturday morning, I found myself sitting up in bed reflecting on my role in the home. A woman’s job is truly never done and I wanted wisdom not only for myself, yet to pass on to the many women who deal with "having to do it all." I wanted a deeper understanding of my being from my Creator. I have always believed and boldly share how the woman represents Jesus in the home. In my reflection, the Lord revealed to me of a Godly woman’s desire to be like Jesus, yet not wanting to feel what He feels. Day after day, Jesus carries the weight of the world - our pains, hurts, struggles, concerns, and frustrations are cast on Him throughout the day. He daily meets our needs, comforts us, loves us unconditionally, and keeps us. Although we take His love and grace for granted, He continually blesses us. Our disobedience and sin is always forgiven and He willingly answers each time we call. We too, meet the daily needs and concerns of our family, yet we feel taken for granted and unacknowledged. We give, give, and give, yet wonder why we have to do it all - our giving can’t compare to His giving.

My requested wisdom came in a way I was not ready to receive, yet had to accept - A Godly wife and mother’s life is a dramatization of who Jesus is. We’ve been chosen to be His eyes, ears, mouth, hands, feet, and His LOVE in our home, so it is imperative that our dependence on Him remains constant. Our life is not our own and we’re called to be a living sacrifice for Him. Needless to say, I drifted asleep as I prayed to keep my mind on Jesus, stay focused on my calling, and to stay Christ-controlled as I prepared for yet another day of showing my husband and children the dramatization of the life of Jesus Christ.

Romans 12:1 (NKJV)
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.