Celebrating Life!

At 3 a.m. Sunday morning, I found myself walking the floors of the Labor and Delivery Ward in a local hospital. My oldest son was admitted the previous evening for a fractured bone and for whatever reason we were placed on the L&D Floor; I was celebrating life! As I made my way back to our room, I noticed an engraved plate on the door, giving honor to a baby born on the same day as my mother, June 17th. At that moment, I thought about the significance of God using women to give birth to life, visions, ministries, and every other creation. The Lord gave me the vision of MOMSWEB, yet it was my mother that carried it and went through the labor and delivery of the vision. I then considered Mary, the Mother of Jesus, and the life and vision she carried and delivered - now it’s time to celebrate life!! Mary was an ordinary woman used to birth an extraordinary life. Every idea and vision, even if planted in the mind of a male, came through a woman’s birth canal - no wonder we’re always under attack from the enemy - a woman represents LIFE! Even after giving birth to children, women are always pregnant with an idea, creation, vision, or a way to improve something.

Because of this unusual sequence of events beginning with my son’s fractured bone, I see my children in another light - I’m not only nurturing a child, yet a vision they may hold within them planted by God. I’m nurturing a life, which may impact the lives of many or just one! The enemy would love to use the mother to kill a child’s dreams, ideas, and spirits with ungodly actions, words, and lack of compassion. Our children need our patience, longsuffering, forgiveness, prayers, and most of all…to see and feel the love of Jesus through us. Our love will assure them of their value and God’s purpose and divine plan for their life.

Job 10:12 (NKJV)
You have granted me life and favor, And Your care has preserved my spirit.