Joy on the Job!

I usually cook breakfast for my husband before he leaves for work, yet this morning his alarm went off and I pulled the covers over my head. I didn’t feel like getting up and I sure didn’t feel like cracking an egg before 6 a.m. After my dear husband left, I got up, looked in the mirror and my hair was standing on top of my head. As bad as I wanted to go back to bed, I couldn’t. Another week was upon me, which meant another week of laundry, schoolwork, meals to plan and prepare, baseball games, errands to run, and every unexpected happening the Lord plans to throw in my mix. I began to feel exhausted at the thought of beginning my day, so I dropped to my knees to pray. A wife and mother is called in so many directions for so many things, it’s a must to begin the day with our Power Source and ask for His filling of strength, energy, and power to get us through the week - one day at a time. Just getting through the day is not good enough for me; I want a joyful attitude also, so I have to immediately shake those dreary feelings that try to consume my mind. I desire to allow the joy of the Lord to have power over me. There is nothing worse than doing a job you don’t enjoy, whether it’s inside or outside the home, so we can’t afford to allow self to get in the way of our work - a joyful, willing attitude is what God expects from us. This is the day the Lord has made and we shall rejoice and be glad in it. Yes, there is joy in the midst of laundry, preparing meals, typing, filing, teaching, or whatever our job requires of us. Thank God we are alive and blessed with the ability to do our job! To all mothers working inside or outside the home - have a JOYFUL day on the job!

Ecclesiastes 3:22 (NIV)
So I saw that there is nothing better for a man than to enjoy his work, because that is his lot. For who can bring him to see what will happen after him?
perfect peace,