Peace in Chaos

This morning I looked forward to having my quiet time with the Lord and just rest in His presence while enjoying the early morning quietness in my home. Seconds into my quiet time, my son came to me and very calmly said, "Mama, the toilet is flooded." I immediately got up from my comfortable position on the sofa and opened the bathroom door to standing water and urine and water still flowing from the toilet. So much for my moment. Feelings of selfishness covered me because I was disturbed from MY time and my husband was not there to clean up the mess (smile). The first words out of my mouth were, "Help me, Lord." I knew my attitude needed to be changed before I did anything else. The Holy Spirit revealed to me that undesirable events such as my overflowing toilet is exactly what we need to continue to recognize the peace and power of God in spite of unwelcome situations around us. The important thing is to keep our mind focused on God at all times and not the situation. If we wait for the perfect moment, we'll be waiting forever.

Isaiah 26:3 (TLB)
He will keep in perfect peace all those who trust in Him, whose thoughts turn often to the Lord.