Hallelujah Hormones!

I always try to think positive about everything, so when I think about hormones, my immediate thought is horrible hormones, yet that wouldn’t be so positive would it? One good thing about hormones is that it reminds me of just how strong God created females to be. We were created to endure…endure…endure. We carry a lot of weight. We can take a lick and keep on ticking. We carry children for nine months, bear them, raise them, love and support our husbands, encourage friends and neighbors...we support and defend! If that’s not enough, we deal with the Hallelujah Hormones, which are more active than we are. They never stop! We know the hormones are present and expect their visit at various times of the month, yet they have a way of creeping up on us when we least expect. I can never seem to prepare for them. Our calm reaction to a child’s normal, everyday activity can make our heads spin on an active hormonal day. Co-workers all of a sudden get on your nerves, and husbands turn ugly. You never know what you might say, how you might react, or how you might feel on any given day. My husband tells me to put up a red flag to warn him when I’m having a rough day. Well, when someone warns me, then I’ll grant his wish. Mood swings, cravings, irritability, crying spells, the list goes on and on. I use to be the PMS queen until someone educated me on proper nutrition. I didn’t have a clue there was any relationship with the two – News Flash!! If we deal with hormones before, during, and after our monthly cycle, that means we have one really good week out of a month. Hallelujah!! I’m proud to say I’m 42 years old and in my perimenopause stage. I hear the hormones really kick in after menopause, yet I’m happy about one thing...no more pads! I’ve had my issue of blood. If you had to choose between loss of bone mass (comes with menopause) or a monthly cycle…which would you choose? I’m ready to embrace the change!