Is This My Job?

There is ALWAYS something to do around the house. Just as soon as I almost see the bottom of the dirty clothes hamper, it's filled again. Dishes, dishes, dishes...the sink is rarely empty. Bathrooms and boys...sigh...I give up. This morning while cooking homemade biscuits at 5 a.m. for my husband, I wasn't as pleasant as I usually am, so I sang myself into a joyful state of mind. While buttering the lightly browned, fluffy biscuits I was so proud of, my husband let me know which bills needed to be placed in the mail today. "Why can't you do it?" No, I didn't verbally speak this to him, I wrote the check out, addressed the envelope and placed a stamp on it, however, my husband and I had a heated discussion in my mind and he didn't even know about it... I won! Sometimes I wonder if my family realizes how things get done around the house. Although my sons are required to help out, I believe they think it's my job to do everything. Is it? I'm the cleaner, the baker, the candle-stick maker, the mediator, comforter, taxi-driver...I guess it is my job...I'm the caretaker... the home-keeper! No matter if we do it ourselves or delegate the never-ending tasks, the mother is overall in control of the atmosphere and environment of the home. If we want to paint the walls in our home black with an ugly attitude or disposition, we have that power. If we choose to paint our walls a peaceful, pleasant sky blue, we have that choice also. Mothers have a powerful, influential position in the home and we just need to learn how to use this power in the most loving, caring and nurturing way. It's not about the tasks in the home, it's about the attitude of the home-keeper.