I'm Tired!

One of the most common comments I hear from mothers is "I'm tired." God has placed an enormous responsibility on mothers and we definitely wear many hats throughout the day. Although God has given us above and beyond every resource required to fulfill this challenging role and to handle our seemingly, never-ending tasks, we all have a breaking point. I look forward to greeting my children every morning, and some days I look more forward to saying "Good Night." It's important to recognize that breaking point before it comes. Fatigue, irritability, hunger, and frustration from a busy day all lead to actions, thoughts, and words we regret. Oh yea, don't forget the hormones we're blessed with! When you feel the least bit frustrated, agitated, or just TIRED... step back, take a breath, THINK and PRAY before you act. Ask God to give you the strength, energy, and power you need to get through the next minute. One mistake we are all guilty of is trying to keep on keeping on without asking for help from our only source of power...The Holy Spirit. Have you plugged into your power source today?

Psalm 121:1, 2 (NIV)
I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.