Mother's Day Pain

I woke up Mother’s Day with cramps and a headache. I walked into the kitchen to see dirty dishes from the night before, so naturally I washed them. As I stood at the sink feeling the continual pains in my abdomen, I thought of the many emotional pains I’ve experienced as a mother. From the time I gave birth, my children gave me pain and I still experience emotional pain as I watch them grow and mature. Pain from watching them endure their own pains of life will never cease. This pain is most unusual because it brings growth, teaches love, and delivers joy.

You’d think that after having one child, a mother would stop, but that pain from childbirth is forgotten and those nurturing instincts somehow kick in again. Many mothers are willing to once again endure the excruciating pain of labor for another child. Is it safe to say that children are a pain and a joy?

Well, I enjoyed my peaceful Mother’s Day and enjoyed my Life Lesson for LaVender regarding the joy in pain of Motherhood. Yes, God promised we’d have pain in childbirth, yet our pain is forgotten through the bundles of JOY! 

John 16:21(NIV)

"A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.

Bookmark and Share