Make it Happen!


   Hubby had to work, Firstborn had football practice, and I had my first Barnes and Noble book signing that Secondborn was going to assist me with this past Saturday. Friday evening, everyone had their marching orders, and then the telephone rings. Secondborn tells us he has basketball practice - at the same time everything else is going on. Hubby had mercy on me and says, “No, son. You are helping your Mama!” Secondborn later corners me in the kitchen and tells me he could make it happen. I played ignorant and asked him what he was talking about. He boldly said if he were me, he could get Firstborn to football practice, get him to basketball practice, and get to my book signing on time. Miss Flesh stirred up in me and before I knew it, I was full of attitude. Remembering he was a child simply wanting to get to basketball practice, I toned my response down, and this is what I said, “Son, this mama could make it happen, but I choose not to go crazy trying to make it happen and you will not be going to this last minute scheduled basketball practice.” He tried to make me feel guilty! Doesn’t he know mamas make it happen everyday! To all the busy mamas out there making it happen, let’s not go crazy trying to make it happen! Allowing God to order our busy schedules is the key and sometimes, you gotta say, "No!"

Psalm 37:23 (NLT)
The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.


Bookmark and Share