Late For Work

I was running a little late for work this morning. I was up early as usual, yet tried to fit a little more into less time. I hate to be late for work because I waste more time playing catch up. Yes, I homeschool two sons and run a home business, but I treat my role and responsibilities as if I had a job outside the house.

It's easy to fall into complacency and laziness when no one is holding you accountable for performance. Well, thank God for Jesus! He's my boss, so I do my best to be on time and keep good work ethics. Timeliness is a character trait I struggle with. I probably have more done by 7 a.m. than a lot of people, but only if I rise early and use God's time wisely. Keeping a schedule hardly ever works, but respecting my role as if I had an outside job helps so much. Even answering the phone can put a wrench in the day, so personal calls are monitored and kept to a minimum as if I were sitting at a desk. I wouldn't watch television on my job, so it doesn't come on until well in the afternoon.

Respecting my role also helps others respect my role - especially those who consider me to be 'just' a Mother. Don't hate...I'm just doing what I've been called to do! I'd love to chat more, but I have a job to do!