Hear My Prayer!

At ages thirteen and ten, I still awake up in the middle of the night to check on my sons. At 2 a.m. this morning, I watched them both peacefully breathe. I noticed first-born's feet meeting the end of the bed and second-born isn't far behind. My mind traveled back to their crib days. Where are my baby boys? What happened to the time? As I stood there, God led me to pray. As a mother, prayer is my most precious tool; I'd be lost without it. When my boys get tired of me talking, I can always talk to Jesus. When they don't follow my guidance, God gives me new direction. When I'm tired of being tried, God shows me mercy. Being a Mother is my greatest joy, yet it is also my greatest challenge. The many stages and seasons children go through have the ability to wear me down, but prayer has the ability to hold me up! I know my days are numbered with my children; our relationship is temporary. My trying times and melt-down moments will pass, but so will the good times. Knowing this, each day I try to create a joyful memory, a lasting lesson, and have purposeful prayer. As I walked back to bed, I remembered the boys will soon wake up and the house won't be as peaceful as it was at 2 a.m., but with prayer, this Mama will have perfect peace within and another marvelous Monday in Motherhood!

Psalm 143:1 (NIV)
O LORD, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief.