A GOOD Thing

One of the best things a mother can give her children is an example of being a good wife. Our young boys and girls benefit greatly by watching their mother interact with their father.

The Word says when a man finds a wife, he finds a GOOD thing. Am I my man's good thing? Have I always been my man's good thing? Am I supportive and loving? Do I encourage and uplift? Am I forgiving and understanding? If I died and my husband remarried, would that woman have a hard time filling my shoes?

Today is my 15 year wedding anniversary and I can honestly say I'm more in love today than I ever was. Has it always been this way? Absolutely not! We've had some rough years and it's only by the grace of God that we celebrate this day today. Marriage is a job and if you don't put in some overtime, the marriage suffers. The trials and struggles in my marriage have helped me become that GOOD thing.


Being my husband's GOOD thing is...

  • Loving him through his unlovable moments
  • Removing all expectations from him
  • Accepting him in spite of his faults and shortcomings
  • Being there for him in good times and bad times
  • Being faithful
  • Serving him in humility
  • Being extraordinary obedient to God
  • Realizing our marriage belongs to God
  • Allowing God to mold, prune, and groom me into the wife my husband needs and desires


Celebrate your marriage today and everyday and be your husband's GOOD thing