How Do You Do It?

I'm often asked how I manage to do everything I do. I don't even think about it until I'm asked; I just go with the flow from day to day and... do what I do. I don't think the list of hats I wear is any longer than the next mother's list. We are all mothers. Most of us are wives. Many of us have a business (or two) on the side. We all have a hobby or interests we enjoy. Many of us have siblings, and some of us have living parents. Those of us who are church-goers probably have more than one ministry we're involved in or even lead. Besides those necessity hats, we occasionally don a few others.

I must admit, there are days I'm amazed at what God allows me to accomplish. It's only through His grace that I have the mental and physical capability to do what I do. Whenever I awake and hit the floor running without plugging into my true power source, my day goes right down the drain - leaving me physically and emotionally drained, but when I allow Him to order my steps, my days are unbelievably productive - not perfect, but productive. This year, I made a decision to be fruitful instead of busy. I know only what I do for Christ will last, so why waste my time on things that will not flourish and benefit God's kingdom?

A raggedy temple cannot perform at it's optimum level, so I try to keep my physical body conditioned for my many callings. I try to exercise daily and drink lots of water. Green tea, apples, and my soy shakes are my secret weapons to fight fatigue. God has entrusted me with this body, so I must do my part. Regardless of what I do, I dare not take any credit for the productivity in my life. When God puts his super on our well-kept natural, there is no stopping us as women, wives, and mothers. He is waiting to fill us with his creative spirit, wisdom, and knowledge to complete only what He has called us to do!

Exodus 31:3 (NIV)

...and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts-