Rescue Me!

I awoke Saturday morning feeling completely foul and challenged by uncontrolled hormones. I guess it isn’t enough for a woman to deal with gender attached emotions, so we have to deal with the extra emotions adorned by the season of our hormones. Good grief!

To keep from ruining the family's weekend and embarrassing the family of God, I jumped in the shower, my prayer closet, where the only person that had to deal with me was my Creator. I begged God to rescue me from my thoughts, my attitude, and from my self. I needed my mind regulated because the mind battles within me were beyond my control. I cried out to God and begged for strength to be Christ-controlled and not allow my flesh to have its way. My cry out to God was medicinal and the water seemed to wash away the foul feelings while comfort and peace covered me. Only a living God, who understands me, could have rescued me. Am I ashamed of my weak, emotional moments? No, because although they don’t show strength, they strengthen. Admitting my weaknesses and limitations affirms God’s strength and power. As long as I’m living, there will be more moments to cry out for God’s help. I thank God for not limiting us to the number of times we call on Him because I sure get tired of my boys calling my name throughout the day. Thank God for Jesus!


2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.