Adapt and Adjust


While driving to church yesterday, my husband commented on the many changes of weather we’ve been experiencing. Sometimes we experience more than one season in a single day. Regardless of the weather, life goes on and our scheduled day continues; we simply adapt and adjust to the temperature. I related our frequent weather changing days to the changes we experience in life. Actually, we experience countless changes throughout the day. Different trials and triumphs invite an array of emotions. We never know what the day will hold, yet we must adjust and adapt accordingly. I’m dealing with a few major changes myself. One is being the mother of a new teenager. I feel like I’m learning to be a mother all over again. Any encouragement from expert mothers of teenagers is appreciated! I’m also dealing with changes in my physical body. Peri-menopause is no joke. The desire for simplicity in my life is another change on my heart. Where has this desire been hiding? Just as God controls the ever changing weather, He is in control of our ever changing days. I imagine Him with a remote control changing the channels of my life to keep me in His will.


As we prepare for a change in our government’s leadership, whether we welcome it or not, it’s going to happen, so we must adapt and adjust. Preparation of life is the same. There will be new life, death, aging, growth, comfort and discomfort. There will be changes in our children, our marriage, friendships, finances, jobs and in ourselves. There is a season for all things and knowing God holds the remote control of our life gives us the strength and the faith to simply adapt and adjust.


Ecclesiastes 3:1 (NIV)

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build,