The Fog


Early this morning, I was on the highway returning to Florida after an overnight visit with my parents. I got an early start, yet was met by dense fog, which caused me to drive much slower and with extreme caution. The boys were no help at all as they snored in the backseat. I could barely see other cars or the highway signs. Of course I prayed before I left home, but I also received an incredible Life Lesson for LaVender in the midst of my obscured visibility. I was basically driving blindly because the fog was that thick. I thought of living my life the same way – blindly and completely depending on God to give me direction. Without the fog, I would have driven faster and without much regard to God’s guidance. Yes, God would have been on my mind, but not like He was in the fog! I was reminded that I should always be completely dependent on God in all situations – regardless of the weather and life’s circumstances. My mind should be on Him continually. What makes me think I am self sufficient because my carnal eyes can see the road ahead of me? What makes me think I’m in control of any situation?


The fog wasn’t patchy; it was dense the entire trip home, yet I arrived safely. I thanked and praised God for the reminder to live my life in the fog – relying on Him completely for guidance. Every decision I make and every turn I take should be done blindly and in faith – allowing God to order my steps and to guide me along life’s highway. While driving, I thought of a phrase referring to fog that my good friend, Tori, shared with me years ago. Fog stands for Favor Of God. So, while driving blindly in the fog, I was truly in the F.O.G – the favor of God!

Have a joyful day in Motherhood and stay in the FOG!


Proverbs 8:34-35 (NIV)

Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway. For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the LORD.