It's Mine!

Hubby and I were talking about the boys getting a paper route, but I was completely against it. Why? Because the route would infringe upon my precious ME time. My prayer/meditation/exercise/quiet/alone time is early in the morning after hubby goes to work and the boys are still sleeping. It actually begins around 4:45-5:00 a.m. The paper route would take that away from me. No! That's my time! This time is necessary to maintain my peace of mind. It's necessary for my sanity. It's necessary for my patience and understanding. It's necessary for compassion. It's necessary to be a loving wife and sharing mother. It's necessary to keep the walls in my home from being painted black. A family will exhaust a mother of every ounce of time and energy she has - if allowed. Sorry family, this time is mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Selfish? No, I don't think so. It would be selfish for me NOT to reserve this time for myself to help me be a better woman, wife, and mother.