A Rich Uncle

This weekend, my husband came home from grocery shopping and was commenting on the amount of money he spent and how few groceries he had. I hear this each time he does the shopping, so I just smile and listen as I put away the groceries. I heard him mumble something about having a rich uncle, which I knew he didn't have, so he must have been wishing for one. I can’t imagine what my husband goes through being the head of the household and breadwinner for the family. I sometimes see him scratching his head when he writes out bills or balances the checking account, so I just pray. This time, I did more than pray. I reminded my husband about our rich relative up North. I knew if we called him, he would be willing to help us. I waited for the right moment and then proudly mentioned the relative, our Father, King Jesus, who owns everything. I began to point out our many blessings inside and outside our home. I went further and joyfully spoke about the future blessings in store for our family. My husband was now smiling as I spoke from my spiritual soap box. I refused to let my husband board the ship of discontent and frustration. We are so blessed! I know every head of household, woman or man, gets frustrated from time to time, but we have to remember who we are and whose we are. We are children of a King! Just as we want our children to obey before we give them what they ask for, King Jesus is waiting for us to get our act together and surrender so He can bless us. Once we do our part, King Jesus will definitely do His part. With a relative like King Jesus, who needs a rich uncle?

I Chronicles 29:11 (NKJV)
...For all that is in heaven and in earth is Yours; Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and You are exalted as head over all.