Light A Candle

Aromatherapy does wonders for the home! You’ll be surprised of the calming effects it has on the family – especially the children (smile). Candles invite a relaxing atmosphere to the home. I usually always have a scented candle or simmering potpourri pot going most days. Relaxing, comforting, soothing, you name it; scented candles can be your best friend! Not only are the flickering lights relaxing, the scent of your choice can be relaxing as well. Vanilla and lavender are definitely proven tranquil scents and my favorite. Although candles bring such wonderful moods to the home, please be careful with them. You won’t be able to relax or have any peace if your candle is not out of the reach of children knocking it over or bumping into them. Place your candles away from curtains, plants, pillows, paper, or anything the flickering light can catch onto. Also, never leave candles unattended. Children are attracted to candles for all the wrong reasons, so besides a quick trip to the bathroom, I blow my candles out if they will be out of my sight for any amount of time. Better safe than sorry! If you don’t feel comfortable lighting candles during the day while children are around, by all means, don’t! Many evenings, after my boys are in bed, I light scented candles for my husband and I to enjoy. Husbands need help unwinding and relaxing also!