Precious Memories

Yesterday, second born and I stopped to get ice cream from a local ice cream parlor while first born was at a birthday party. We've never been to this place before and although the prices were high for my budget, we both ordered a waffle cone and sat outside and enjoyed it. My son wasn't even half way finished with his cone and said he was getting full. He was struggling to finish it because he knew Mama would say something about being wasteful, so I helped him out. I told him not to finish the ice cream if he couldn't. He said he was sorry for wasting the money and threw the waffle cone in the trash. Yes, it bothered me a little, but I told him our time together eating the ice cream was worth every cent. That was a special time I hope he'll remember; I know I will.

My sons are getting older right before my eyes. I just potty trained first born and today he's having his last evaluation before entering high school - my baby is going to high school! I notice how quickly life goes by as I watch my sons grow up. Looking back over the years, mothering these two boys has been a joy. I wouldn't trade being their mother for anything in the world. Did they drive me crazy sometimes? Yes, and they still do. Have they made me cry? Yes, and they still do. Did they make me want to scream sometimes? Yes, and even now I sometimes feel like I'm going to snap, but my good days outweigh the bad.

I must continue grasping every moment and creating memories with my sons. Before I know it, they'll be creating memories with their own children. I hope they'll be able to look back over their childhood and have good thoughts. I especially hope they have good thoughts about their mother who almost lost her mind in the midst of child rearing.

Life is precious and it's the journey that counts. Our Motherhood Journey is full of joys, pains, sunshine, and rain. Enjoy THIS day as memories are created with your children - regardless of their age. Before you know it, your children will be out of the house - leaving you with only memories of the journey. Have a Memorable Monday in Motherhood!

Proverbs 23:25 (NKJV)

Let your father and your mother be glad, and let her who bore you rejoice.