I'll Be There

Just call my name and I'll be there

Remember this song by Michael Jackson? I heard it in the background of an insurance company commercial with several touching scenes of people 'being there' for friends, loved ones, and neighbors. The scene that tugged at my heart the most was of a little boy waiting for someone to get off a bus. That someone was his mother and she stepped off the bus in a military uniform. This brought tears to my eyes because I've experienced leaving my children due to military obligations. There was nothing worse for me than not being able to be there for them. Even now, when I try to get away from my children, I leave them detailed instructions to replace my physical being there.

Being there seals a bond between a mother and child. Being there reassures a child they are not alone. Being there gives a child a sense of confidence to know their mother has their back. Being there lets a child know they are loved in a special way. Being there helps a child feel important. Being there is crucial to a child's well-being. A child needs to know someone will be there regardless of the situations they find themselves in.

A mother is not excluded from the need of someone being there. We are the glue that keeps the family together, so when our own strings become frayed, we need to know someone will be there. When we become stressed, overwhelmed, and weary of being there for everyone else, we need assurance that someone will be there for us.

Our someone is our Heavenly Father. What a blessing to know He has our back! What a blessing to know He will be there regardless of the situations we find ourselves in. We have someone to be there and He promised to always be there!

Even today, I need Him to be there for me; how about you? Whatever state of mind you're in, whatever situation your finances are in, and whatever state your marriage is in, He is being there for you, too!

Our Heavenly Father can sing the words to the song also - Just call my name and I'll be there.


Deuteronomy 31:3 (NIV)

The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.



Bookmark and Share