Monday Meditation - All I Can Be

Tiger Woods has inspired many non-golfers to watch and play the game of golf and I’m one of them. I leave the playing to hubby, but I enjoy watching Tiger play. Yesterday, I watched him come from last place to first place to win the Memorial Tournament for a record fourth time. Un-be-live-able!

Mr. Earl Woods shared in his book, Playing Through, that he didn’t intend to teach his son the game of golf, but realized Tiger’s amazing attention span and focus for the game. Tiger practiced, and practiced, and practiced. He was a perfectionist and desired to be the best.

It’s sad, but true that Tiger has ‘haters’ just because he strives to be the best – and is the best. Why hate someone because they strive to be all they can be?

As I watched Tiger’s winning swing, I thought about my desire to be the best mother I can be. I realize I’m hard on myself as a mother, but there is nothing more that I want than to reach my optimum potential as a mother. I want to be the Mother God created me to be – nothing less. I don’t want to be a mother by the world’s standards, nor do I want my children to receive less than I’m capable of giving. Do I have haters? Of course! Crazy, but true! Why hate me because I’ve made motherhood my priority in life?

My goal today is to be a better mother than I was yesterday – to show a little more patience and understanding - to spend a little more time talking to my children and not at them – to better grasp this season of preteen and teenage years I’m experiencing – to be all I can be as a mother and one day hear God say, “Well done.”

Just as Tiger has inspired many, maybe God can use my simple desire to be all I can be to inspire another mother.

Be all you can be this Marvelous Monday in Motherhood!

Proverbs 31:29 (NKJV)
"Many daughters have done well, but you excel them all.”